Southeast Community Presbyterian Church began its ministry in December of 1975 under the name of Southeast United Presbyterian Church. The new congregation was a merger of two small congregations, St. Andrew’s and Calvary. These two congregations were located 3 miles apart in the Southeast. The two congregations made the decision to merge to maintain a Presbyterian presence in Southeast. The property belonging to Calvary Presbyterian Church was sold and the new congregation took up residence in the former St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
The congregation of St. Andrew’s was founded in theearly 1950’s and began its life meeting at a nearby drive-in theatre. The church facility at Euclid and Holly was built in 1954 and dedicated that August. At the time of the merger a new cornerstone was added to the building acknowledging the new congregation’s founding.
In 1991, the congregation voted to change the name to
Southeast Community Church, Presbyterian (USA). Since January of 2014 the congregation has been served by The Rev. Deb Mitchell.